Share the Pride
As Missouri's major land-grant and public research university, Mizzou's impact on the state is immeasurable. We educate future leaders in nearly every discipline, conduct research that improves our health and quality of life, and partner with Missourians to put that knowledge to work every day.
Mizzou Top 10
- MU’s 34,748 enrollment includes large
increases in ethnically diverse, high-ability, out-of-state and low-income
students. Mizzou Tigers graduate, on average, in 4.28 years.
- Based on quality of teaching, research and scholarship,
MU is one of only 34 public U.S. universities invited to membership in the
prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU).
- A $2.1 billion global enterprise, MU accounts for 70 percent of
the research dollars flowing to Missouri public universities. Research
generates new knowledge and jobs.
- Mizzou Advantage reflects MU’s major interdisciplinary
strengths and collaborative culture in four areas: Food for the
Future, Sustainable Energy, Media of the Future and One Health/One Medicine.
- To enhance patient care, the Coulter Foundation partners with MU
to fund $1 million annually in biomedical research.
- The 2012 issue of Hospitals & Health Networks,
published by the American Hospital Association, credits MU with one of the top
200 most wired health systems in the nation.
- MU ranks 14th in the world among
universities for plant science research. With 120 plant scientists, 18
agricultural research centers statewide and MU Extension farming innovations, Mizzou is improving global food
- Since 2008, the
Missouri College Advising Corps of recent Mizzou graduates has increased the
number of students going to college from high schools where they work by an
average 10.35 percent compared to .3 percent statewide.
- Mizzou’s 500 student-athletes achieved a record 3.0 overall grade
point average for the 2011-12 academic year, ranking MU second
in the Southeastern Conference for multiyear Academic Progress
- As a botanic garden, the historic MU campus offers visitors 42,000 plants and trees in numerous thematic and special collection settings.